Top 3 Products & Services
Dated: Mar. 22, 2013
Related CategoriesA+ Certification CompTIA
Hard Disk Drive
Computer Beginners Guides
Defragmenting your hard drive is very important for a fast and secure computer. If you notice your computer working slowly, defragmenting is the first thing you should do. You need to know how to do this process safely and with that delay the buying of a new computer. In the following article you will learn why the defragmenting of a disc is very important and how it is done.
How to Defragment Your Hard Drive
Hard Drive Analysis
- First click Start, go to All Programs, go to Accessories, go to System Tools, and then click Disk Defragmenter.
- Click on the hard drive that you want to analyze.
- Click on Analyze to start the hard drive analysis.
- Look over the analysis results when it is finished and estimate if defragmentation is needed.
Defragmenting Your Hard Drive:
- Click on the hard drive you want to defragment.
- Click on defragment to start the process.
- Watch as it progresses. This will take a long time if your hard drive is full.
- To make this process faster, before starting it delete all unnecessary files and put the files and folder where the will usually stay. Also, you can make a system backup file before defragmentation.
- Don’t defragment to often because that can shorten the life of your hard drive. Also, it is important to mention that during defragmentation you can damage files, although it is rare.
Now that you've gotten free know-how on this topic, try to grow your skills even faster with online video training. Then finally, put these skills to the test and make a name for yourself by offering these skills to others by becoming a freelancer. There are literally 2000+ new projects that are posted every single freakin' day, no lie!