Top 3 Products & Services
Dated: Jan. 17, 2010
Related CategoriesSearch Engine Optimization
- Strictly follow the rules/regulations mentioned in Adsense policies. Trying to cheat the adsense policies results in lifetime ban from adsense.
- Don't ask anyone to click on the ads (or any pay per click ad altogether) voluntarily. Do not include incentives of any kind for users to click on ads. Dont write anything near the google ads that may push users to click on the ads.
- One of the basic rules is never to click on your own ads - Google AdSense Program is much smarter than you think. Google can track all the clicks so you will get busted. You should not reload your pages excessively.
- Ads should not be placed in popup windows, 404 error pages or even pages which has no content.
- Don't be intimidated by lists of high paying words, you should only blog about what you are good in. Just try to get unique contents.
- For short articles, CTR is best when ads are placed just above the content
- For long articles, CTR improves if ads are placed somewhere in middle of the content.
- Use Text Ads instead of Image Ads as users get more options. Text ads have a better conversion rate. If you still want to display image ads, consider ad formats that support image ads. Image ads ususalyy pay on a number of impressions basis.
- Google Ads without background color and borders always perform better. Make the border color and background color same as your page background color.
- Always put ads above the main fold. Make sure that the ad unit with the highest clickthrough rate is the first instance of the ad code that appears in the HTML.
- Try to put the add url link to a lighter colour .
- Try using the 336x280 large rectangle, 300x250 medium rectangle, or 160x600 wide skyscraper as they have proved to have the best conversion rate.
- Dont ever place adsense ads next to images as this is against the adsense policy which may result in a warning or ban.
- Make ad links look as navigation links on your webpage. Ad links have a great conversion rate if put correctly on the webpage.
- Try to experiment, move your adsense ads through your webpage. You will get a better understanding about your CTR.
- A maximum of 3 adsense ads , 2 AdSense for search boxes, 1 adlink unit and 1 referral button per product is allowed and known to have great conversion without being cumbersome.
- Try to get a good description of your website in the first few lines as this will be determining the ads shown on your page.
- When generationg the google search box code choose to open the results window in a new page so as you have your website open in the viewer's browser.
- Best place to put adsense search box is top right corner.
- Don't syndicate full content in your RSS feeds, just put an overview or a brief description so that viewers will be interested in coming to your site rather than reading everything from the syndicate.
- Use URL channels to determine performance of individual pages. I track my most popular pages with Google Analytics, Statcounter and create a channel for each of the URL. You can even track Adsense Clicks with Analytics
- For low CTR pages, try changing titles or adding more content to get better focused ads.
- Try using Free adwords keywords tool to get an estimate of the CPC and according that try to block low paying advertisers.
- The AdSense for search Top Queries report shows you what your users are looking for, by listing the 25 most common searches conducted through your AdSense for search boxes. Use this report to identify additional topics to add to your site, or to keep track of your most sought-after information. Focus and improve that content.
- Not everyone has a RSS reader. Use RSS to Email services like FeedBlitz, Bloglet or Rmail to let users subscribe to your blog by email.
Now that you've gotten free know-how on this topic, try to grow your skills even faster with online video training. Then finally, put these skills to the test and make a name for yourself by offering these skills to others by becoming a freelancer. There are literally 2000+ new projects that are posted every single freakin' day, no lie!
It does that but in all honesty, not as well as I like. It slightly ups the CTR but, I'll show you a site that REALLY does an excellent job at it. Mininova Torrent is what I was trying to aim for. In my view, they have done such an amazing job at the slider. And we'll post the tip when we can do our banner scroll even closely as they've done.