Top 3 Products & Services
Dated: Feb. 05, 2013
Related CategoriesWindows 7
Since the appearance of the Windows 7 and its new design solutions, a lot of habits that we had on computers have been changed. For example, we are not minimizing applications to the system tray, but instead of that most software application are now making their icon on the Windows 7 Taskbar. A few of the latest apps are Skype, and Windows Live Messenger .
Skype has usually been minimized to the system tray in the previous Skype version, next to the clock on the taskbar when you close the main window. In the new version of Skype, if you close the main window, it will be minimized to the Taskbar, as an button or icon.
A lot of users are complaining that when they leave Skype running on the Taskbar, it creates a few problems. The mostly complain about the notification alert that informs you when you have a new message, if there is a new event available, about incoming calls and so on. It often happens that the users click by mistake on the icon on the Taskbar, and by doing that they turn on Skype or some different software that is located there. An extra problem is that when you use Win+Tab or Alt+Tab, Skype also appears on that window.
Having that in mind, we wanted to help you in solving this problem. If you wish to minimize Skype, or conceal Skype icon to the notification tray, you need to abide the following instructions.
Skype Built-In Method Updated
- When you are in Skype, open Tools -> Options.
- After that, go to Advanced and then got to Advanced settings.
- Uncheck Keep Skype in the taskbar while I’m signed in.
- Click on Save, and after that the Skype icon will be striped away from the Taskbar.
Note: If Skype is in the compatibility mode, you will not see this option.
Compatibility Mode Method
- Close Skype
- Click the right button on the Skype icon, and then click on Properties
- Go to Compatibility.
- Check the Run this program in compatibility mode for: option (under the Compatibility Mode section)
- Select Windows Vista (Service Pack 2) in the drop down box.
- Click on the OK button.
- If you start Skype, you will notice that it was minimized to the system tray.
If there is another issue that is creating problems for you, be free to ask us a question.
We will make an effort to answer you in some of the following articles.
Now that you've gotten free know-how on this topic, try to grow your skills even faster with online video training. Then finally, put these skills to the test and make a name for yourself by offering these skills to others by becoming a freelancer. There are literally 2000+ new projects that are posted every single freakin' day, no lie!